|Característica : Marino|
|Used for features that relate to the sea and the marine environment|
For features related to the Marine environment, including those along the coastline (such as natural=beaches and harbours). See Marine navigation for details of how to map features related to the safe movement of shipping, including man_made=lighthouses, navigation lights and the mooring=*; also waterways for details about inland waterways, lakes, rivers, canals etc.
- Artículo principal: Coastline
The coastline is a rich and complex environment consisting of many natural and man-made features. Tags relevant to marine navigation include natural=beach, man made=beacon, man made=breakwater, natural=cliff, natural=coastline, man made=groyne, man_made=lighthouse, natural=wetland are others relevant to marine navigation.
- place=ocean is used to name the oceans
- place=sea is used to name the seas
- place=locality for smaller names locations, such as bays or sandbanks etc.
- Nature of the seabed, seabed surface material, seagrass, seaweed according to Seamarks/INT-1_Section_J
Surface structures include off-shore wind power=generators, man_made=offshore_platform for a non-specific facility structure in the sea and man_made=petroleum_well for oil wells (with disused=yes if they are no longer in use).
Subsea infrastructure includes man_made=pipelines, for oil and gas, and communication=line for telephones and data communications run under the sea. historic=wreck is used for sunk ships, possibly with name=* and/or sport=scuba_diving.
- Artículo principal: Marine navigation