(Redirected from Elevator)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|highway = elevator|
|An elevator (or lift) is used to travel vertically, providing passenger and freight access between pathways at different floor levels. May be solely vertical (typical case) or inclined.|
|Rendering in openstreetmap-carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
An(or lift) is used to travel vertically, providing passenger and freight access between pathways at different floor levels.
How to map as a node
How to map as an area
How to map as a way
An example how it can be mapped.
Tags to use in combination
- capacity:person=* – capacity (persons); please make sure to use capacity:person (singular) as key, because the other extensions of the key capacity are built like this, too. Some mappers do also use just capacity=* fort this.
- contact:website=* – (such as for its current status)
- fee=yes/no – does a fee have to be paid?
- goods=yes/no/designated – a freight elevator? NOTE: For highway=* features, goods=* means legal access restriction for goods vehicles. Consider other tagging (e.g., handcart=*, handtruck=*) if the elevator is for goods carried by person, not by vehicle, to avoid confusion.
- handrail=yes/no – is there a handrail?
- indoor=* – within a building?
- level=* – storey/floor; example: level=-1;0;1;2 – an elevator that goes all the way from the basement to the 2nd floor
- manufacturer=* – manufacturer (such as Otis)
- maxweight=* – maximum weight (in metric tons)
- ref=* – reference id, given by the manufacturer
- start_date=* – opening/inauguration (year)
- surveillance=indoor/outdoor – camera surveillance?
- wheelchair=yes/no – suitable for wheelchairs?
funicular vs inclined elevator
- Montmartre Funicular was constructed as a funicular, was rebuild into a double inclined elevator - but still has "funicular" in name and difference is quite subtle. Mapped as a funicular. Cars are no longer counterbalanced, so it is no longer a true funicular.
- Some have a driver inside them There is a single car, so it is not a true funicular.
- Some act and look exactly like a normal elevator (no operator, the same design, elevator arrives at button press etc.)