|Describes the capacity a facility is suitable for|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
The tag describes the capacity a facility is suitable for.
Common use cases
- The number of vehicles a facility holds, such as amenity=parking, amenity=bicycle_parking, amenity=taxi, or amenity=fuel.
- The number of visitors a facility holds, such as leisure=stadium, amenity=cinema or tourism=camp_site. However, for tourism=hotel, using rooms=* and beds=* is preferred.
- The number of children or students, an amenity=kindergarten or amenity=school can accept.
- The sleeping capacity of amenity=shelter + shelter_type=basic_hut.
- The number of vehicles that can be charged at the same time at a amenity=charging_station
To further define the capacity for special interest groups, additional tags can be used to describe them in addition to the tag capacity=*:
|capacity||number||The amount of lots, rooms, seats (or the like) available. (Including all special lots, e.g. parking spaces for disabled drivers)|
|capacity:disabled=*||yes/no/number||Defines whether or not dedicated lots, rooms, seats or other spaces for the disabled are available. If known, the number of spaces can be specified. See more...|
|capacity:women=*||yes/no/number||Defines the amount of dedicated women's spaces available. See the wiki page for Key:capacity:women.|
|capacity:parent=*||yes/no/number||Mostly parking areas: Defines whether or not dedicated parent and child parking spaces are available. If known, the number of spaces can be specified.|
|capacity:charging=*||yes/no/number||Defines whether or not dedicated charging spaces are available when used with amenity=parking. If known, the number of spaces can be specified. capacity=* should be used in conjunction with amenity=charging_station.|
|yes/no/number||A transportation mode (a.k.a vehicle category) can be added as subkey to mark the number of trucks or buses a parking lot can accommodate.
Or, e.g. in bicycle parking, number of spots, designed explicitly for cargo bikes.
|capacity:persons=*||number||Defines how many persons can be carried, used for example together with highway=elevator. If it's obvious that the maximum number of persons of a feature is meant, just use capacity=* for it.|
|number||On campsites capacity=* is ambiguous thus use the suitable subkeys to distinguish between number of persons and number of pitches. For a tourism=guest_house you may use Simple_Indoor_Tagging.|
|number||Undocumented keys - Number of pupils/students and teachers a school is built for. Almost all occurrences are from few imports of data.|
|number||Defines the capacity of small / large vehicles when used with amenity=parking. if used with highway=services, highway=rest_area use parking:capacity:standard=*, parking:capacity:long=*.|
- seats=* - the number of seats on a bench
- aerialway:capacity=*: different definition, about the number of passengers that can be transported by the whole aerialway=* system.