|Describes the capacity a facility is suitable for.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
The tag describes the capacity a facility is suitable for.
Common use cases
- The number of vehicles a facility holds, such as amenity=parking, amenity=bicycle_parking or amenity=taxi.
- The number of visitors a facility holds, such as leisure=stadium or tourism=camp_site. However, for tourism=hotel, using rooms=* and beds=* is preferred.
- The number of children or students, an amenity=kindergarten or amenity=school can accept.
- The sleeping capacity of amenity=shelter + shelter_type=basic_hut.
To further define the capacity for special interest groups, additional tags can be used to describe them in addition to the tag capacity=*:
|capacity||number||The amount of lots, rooms, seats (or the like) available. (Including all special lots, e.g. parking spaces for disabled drivers)|
|capacity:disabled||yes/no/number||Defines whether or not dedicated lots, rooms, seats or other spaces for the disabled are available. If known, the number of spaces can be specified.|
|capacity:women||yes/no/number||Defines whether or not dedicated women's spaces are available. If known, the number of spaces can be specified.|
|capacity:parent||yes/no/number||Mostly parking areas: Defines whether or not dedicated parent and child parking spaces are available. If known, the number of spaces can be specified.|
|capacity:charging||yes/no/number||Defines whether or not dedicated parking spaces with charging infrastructure for electric vehicles are available. If known, the number of spaces can be specified.|
|yes/no/number||A transportation mode (a.k.a vehicle category) can be added as subkey to mark the number of trucks or buses a parking lot can accomodate.|
|number||Undocumented keys - Number of pupils/students and teachers a school is built for. Almost all occurrences are from few imports of data.|
- seats=*, the number of seats on a bench