|speed limit signal|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
Objects having a tag railway:signal:speed_limit=* are speed limit signals. Signals are placed on the track. The value should begin with a country-operator-prefix, e.g.
Please note that a signal pole/bridge can carry multiple signals. That's why it can have multiple
railway:signal:* tags. Combinations of main/combined and speed limit signals or distant speed limit signals and speed limit signals are very common.
- mandatory: railway:signal:direction=forward/backward/both – direction which the signal is valid for
- railway:signal:position=left/right/overhead/bridge – position relative to the track (direction of OSM way) where the signal is located
There are a lot of additional tags which describe the signal in higher level of detail because every country (or even railway company) has its own signalling system.
- mandatory: railway:signal:speed:form=sign/light/semaphore – type of signal (sign, light signal, semaphore signal)
- only light and semaphore signals railway:signal:speed_limit:states=* – displayable signal apsects (e.g. stop, proceed, proceed at low speed, …). The value should begin with a country-operator-prefix, e.g.
- railway:signal:speed_limit:speed=* – displayable speeds, use
noneif it is voids a speed limit, use
?if you do not know all of them
Please go to the country-specific signal tagging pages for tagging/mapping railway signals.
- Austria, currently only available in German
- Czechia (Czech only)
- Finland, currently only available in Finnish
- Germany (ESO, i.e. heavy railways and narrow gauge railways), full version currently only available in German, English translation not finished yet
- Germany (BOStrab, i.e. trams, light rails and subways) (under draft), currently only available in German
- North America (United States, Canada, and Mexico)
- Poland (not yet finished, see also the earlier German version)
- Switzerland, currently only available in German
- United Kingdom
- China(China Mainland), currently only available in Chinese