| Syria, Asia|
|latitude: 34.615, longitude: 37.965|
|Browse map of Syria 34°36′54.00″ N, 37°57′54.00″ E|
|Use this template for your city|
Syria is a Country in Asia at latitude 34°36′54.00″ North, longitude 37°57′54.00″ East.
Arab Republic of Syria is a country in Southwest Asia with arabic as official language
Things you can do to help
Damascus is missing some roads some on the outskirts. Aleppo is missing some residential areas outside of town as well.
Administrative regions in Syria
Governorate boundaries for Syria added from maplibrary.org's ESRI shape file. Southmost border Syria - Jordan corrected which seemed to be wrong.
Highway/Roads classification in Syria
Motorways in Syria
- Mashreq international roads (2001)
- M (highway=motorway) : The M1 and M3 are motorways and the M5 has a motorway section but the M4 is an ordinary road (highway=primary).
- M1 Halab (Aleppo) - Jordanian border.
Main roads in Syria
- Single digit road numbers (highway=primary) are used for main national roads.
- 1 coast road
- 2, 3 and 4 are east-west routes increasing to the north
- 5 north-south route increasing to the east. 5 is parallel to the M1 and some sections overlap.
- 6 and 7 are north-south routes increasing to the east (but 7 is diagonal and crosses 2 and 5 at Dimashq (Damascus).
Major cities in Syria
- Damascus is the capital of Syria
- Aleppo (OSM, Yahoo hires)
- Homs (see Syria/Homs_mapping_progress)
External Map Links
- detailed map for each city with road names http://www.syriatourism.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=My_eGallery&file=index&do=showgall&gid=26
- the syriatourism.org link above appears to be unreachable at the moment, but an archived copy is reachable at the Internet Archive.
- Syria maps from the Perry Casteneda Library at University of Texas-Austin - mostly CIA or other US Government sources (public domain)
|M10||Northern Iraq-East Mediterranean||Hajj Omran (Iraq/Iran) - Irbil - Mosul - Rabieyyah (Iraq/Syria) - Yaaroubia (Syria/Iraq) - Kamishli - Aleppo - Lattakia||||
|M15||Aleppo-Ramadi||Aleppo - Deir Ez Zor - Albu Kamal (Syria/Iraq) - Al kaem - (Iraq/Syria) - Ramadi||||
|M20||Central Syria||Kamishli - Hasakah - Deir Ez Zor - Homs - Tartus||||
|M30||Western Iraq-Eastern Mediterranean||Al Rutbah - Al Walid (Iraq/Syria) - Tanf (Syria/Iraq) - Damascus - Jedeidet Yabus (Syria/Lebanon) - Masna' (Lebanon/Syria) - Beirut||||
|M45||Syria-Jordan-Saudi Arabia-Yemen||Bab Al Hawa (Syria/Turkey) - Aleppo - Homs - Damascus - Nasib (Syria/Jordan) - Jaber (Jordan/Syria) - Amman - Ma'an - Al Mudawara (Jordan/Saudi Arabia) - Halat Ammar (Saudi Arabia/Jordan) - Tabuk - Qalibah - Medina - Mecca - Abha - Elb (Saudi Arabia/Yemen) - Baqim (Yemen/Saudi Arabia) - Sana'a - Ta'izz||||
|M51||Eastern Mediterranean Coast||Kassab - Lattakia - Tartous - Dabboussieh (Syria/Lebanon) - Abboudieh (Lebanon/Syria) - Tripoli - Beirut - Naqoura||||