|highway = crossing|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
Pedestrians can cross a street here; e.g., zebra crossing. They are also called crosswalks in American English. This tag is used exclusively for nodes. For tagging pedestrian crosswalks as separate ways, use highway=footway and footway=crossing.
How to map
To describe the type of the transition in more detail, use:
See the Key:crossing page for additional documentation of this and many other available subtags.
footway=crossing and cycleway=crossing are sometimes used on ways which lead from a sidewalk to the crossing node (The node which has this highway=crossing tag).
This is not the preferred way of tagging, to indicate the width of the street have a look at kerb=*.
- Shows up in OSM2World and in OSM France.
- OpenCycleMap: , bicycle=yes
- It also is displayed in the JOSM Editor
Used by OsmAnd, a routing software, to signal and alert.
- railway=crossing - Pedestrians can cross a railway here
- railway=level_crossing - A crossing between a railway and a road
- railway=railway_crossing - Crossing rails that do not interconnect
- railway=switch - A railway switch
- crossing=* - Further refinement for nodes already tagged with highway=crossing or railway=crossing