|Feature : Education features|
|Used to describe education features.|
Education features are map objects and object features which relate to educational activities. Click through to the value page (e.g. amenity=school) for additional tags to use and related features to map.
Enumeration of education features
These key-tag combinations are well accepted and in heavy use.
- amenity=school — became established in 2008; did not go through a formal proposal process
- amenity=kindergarten — became established in 2009; did not go through a formal proposal process (see proposal page history)
- amenity=university — approved in 2006 via university campus (tertiary education)
- amenity=college — approved in 2007 via College Campus (further education)
These key-tag combinations are in various proposed feature stages.
- driving school — proposed 2009
- ISCED — proposed 2012; relates to education level associated with a school
- music school — facilities that give lessons on making music, such as with an instrument.
- childcare — broader definition than kindergarten (including e.g. nursery, after-school activity, orphanage); two unsuccessful proposals; nonetheless in active use (~6500 in 2016).
- training — proposed 2010; facilities like dance school, language learning, IT computer classes etc.
- Trade school (amenity=trade_school) — proposed May 2012; "post-secondary, often private for-profit, training center for a specific trade"; marked as abandoned in 2016
- age_group (age_group=*) — proposed 2012; relates to the age of students at school, has been obsoleted in 2014 by the use of the tags min_age=* and max_age=*
- campus building (campusbuilding=various) — abandoned 2012 due to inactivity
- Pre-School (early childhood education) (amenity=preeschool) — abandoned 2012 due to inactivity; obsoleted by amenity=kindergarten
- education centre (amenity=education_centre) — abandoned 2008 without explanation
- Proposed features/Nursery (amenity=nursery) — proposed in 2013; seen as synonym to amenity=childcare; marked as abandoned in 2016
- Proposed Features/Education Reform (amenity=educational_facility) — proposed 2013; marked as abandoned in 2016
- User:Fluteflute/Education (amenity=education) — proposed 2012; marked as abandoned in 2016
- Proposed features/childcare2.0 (amenity=childcare) — proposed 2013; second attempt for this tag; marked as abandoned in 2016
- Education 2.0 (education=*, education_*=*) — rejected based on voting outcome 2016
- childcare (amenity=childcare) — rejected based on voting outcome, 2011
- research institution (research_institution=yes) — rejected based on voting outcome, 2008
Features of unknown status
- school=* — wiki page created in 2009; >50% are used in combination with amenity=school
- school=blind — redirects to school=*