Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 2008-10-16: Maning's application to the GPStogo program has been approved by the OSMF.
- Mailing list message
OSMF Approved Applicants pageInvalid link due to updates on OSM Foundation site
- New OSMF Approved Applicants link
- 2009-01-16: 4 GPS units have arrived at the post office, but there is a P4,000 customs fee that needs to be paid. Donations to cover custom duties are welcome. We also need additional SD cards.
- 2009-02-05: GPS units out of customs and currently with maning
- 2011-01-15: Philip Paar donated an Etrex Venture HC.
- 2013-02-12: Rally de Leon donated GPSmap 76.
The following table lists the current status of the GPS units.
|Unit Id||Make/model||Serial #||Configuration||Current location||Future locations||Notes|
|001||Genie GPS GT-31||832001979||with 512 MB SD Card||Ian Lopez||Includes usb cable and Manual CD|
|002||Genie GPS GT-31||832001742||Tomas Leonor (StepJuan)|
|003||Genie GPS GT-31||832001737||Marloue Pidor|
|004||Genie GPS GT-31||832001978||with 256 MB SD Card||Anthony Balico|
|005||Etrex Venture HC||16R063120||Jessie Ablao|
|0056||GPSmap 76||91004781||Regaladys||includes Garmin data cable|
|misc||car/usb charger, Manual CDs||maning|
To reserve a unit, make a note under Reservation requests below with pertinent details (e.g., when is the unit needed, where will you use it, etc.), then send a message to the mailing list where the request will be discussed and approved.
- add name
- add name
How to prepare the units
- Update this wiki page with the locations
- Get a satellite lock pre-event
- Clear old data including waypoints, tracks and tracks on the SD card
- Double Check Settings, like track log interval
- Charge the batteries! The Genie/NaviGPS units have a built-in battery and charge from USB.
- Always upload your trace when you use the Philippines GPS units for loan
- Always add a tag "philippines" and "ph_gpstogo" in the uploaded traces.
This section documents the contributions to the OSM produced as a result of using these GPS units.
- Uploaded traces tagged with ph_gpstogo