|To mark the location of an entrance.|
|Rendering in openstreetmap-carto|
|[[ ; ; ; |]]|
|Group: Man made|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
The entrance=* key describes the point where you can go into a building or enclosed area (such as a zoo, theme park, cemetery grounds etc). Different values are used to denote the importance or type of entrance. The entrance node should be placed on the building/area's way (i.e. its outline).
|Key||Value||Element||Comment||Carto Rendering||Carto Rendering||Photo|
|entrance||yes||An entrance exists at this position to a building or enclosed area.|
|entrance||main||The main entrance of a building or enclosed area.|
|entrance||secondary||An additional entry, often used only for events or at special times|
|entrance||service||A backdoor to a building or enclosed area often only for employees or for delivering.|
|entrance||exit||It is not an entrance, it is a one-way out of a building or enclosed area. You find it at some larger shops, museums or theme parks.|
|entrance||emergency||An emergency exit is a one-way out of a building in case of fire. It is often combined with a fire alarm box. See also exit=emergency for these.|
|entrance||staircase||Door to staircase.|
|entrance||home||Door to a private house, home or an apartment.|
Please use the access=* values to describe who is allowed to enter.
- access=yes The public has an official, legally-enshrined right of access.
- access=delivery Access only for delivering goods to or from a customer.
- access=private Access only with key, keycard or similar. Look here for additional subtags.
- access=no Access is not allowed.
- Use wheelchair=yes to describe the entrance possibilities for a wheelchair user.
- You can add width=* to indicate small doors for wheelchair routing.
- You can add automatic_door=yes to indicate automatic doors for wheelchair users and to warn visually impaired / blind users.
- MapSurfer.NET shows entrances as small dots at zoom level 18 and 19 (go to map).
- OsmAnd shows entrances in its default mappaint style.
- Or use Keep Right's "deprecated tags" for the whole world (go to map).
- OSM2World adds doors to 3D buildings based on entrance=*
Entrances and addresses
- Main article: Addresses
If address is related not to whole building, but to individual staircases/entrances, tags entrance=main/staircase/home, addr:housenumber=* and addr:street=* should be added to main entrances to staircases (or to houses). Use ref=* for marking "inner" number of staircase (not to be confused with "outer" address, which some staircases have - for such addresses we should use addr:housenumber=*). addr:housenumber=* is put to one of entrances to staircase, ref=* can be marked to several entrances (also to service entrances to staircases).
Use addr:flats=* for marking all flats inside the staircase, for example, addr:flats=1-20. (This entrance leads to flats/apartments with numbers from 1 to 20 inclusive). If there are gaps in numbering, use semicolons: addr:flats=3-7;10;14;16-18.
- Proposed features/entrance - proposal/voting page for this tag
- emergency=emergency_ward_entrance - to mark the entrance to an emergency ward
- Proposed features/entrance/door - proposal/voting page for this tag
- door=* - kind of door (automatic, hinged, ...)
- amenity=parking_entrance - An entrance to an underground or multi storey parking facility
- amenity=loading_dock - An entrance for loading heavy goods vehicles
- barrier=entrance - An opening or gap in a barrier.
- barrier=gate - A section in a wall or fence which can be opened to allow access.
- Relations of type=building which, for indoor mapping, should at least have one member with the role "entrance"
- exit=* - Marks free exit of a building/restricted area.