Jump to navigation Jump to search
|railway = rail|
|Rails of a typical gauge track|
|Rendering in OSM Carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
Use railway=rail on rails for full sized passenger or freight trains in the typical gauge of the country or state.
railway=rail is the largest railway classification, for full-blown full-sized railways. For smaller railway classifications such as subways/trams/monorails, preserved lines, and other railway related tagging see railway=*
Tags to use in combination
- gauge=1435 - gauge in mm
- frequency=# - Frequency of the drive current in Hz
- voltage=# - Voltage of the driving current in Volt
- rack=yes - rack railway
- highspeed=yes - High-speed line
- maxspeed=* - Maximum speed
- railway:traffic_mode=passenger/freight/ mixed
Usage / Service-Type
- OpenRailwayMap Tagging Schema: A wiki page for tagging railways in great detail.
- OpenRailwayMap: A dedicated, detailed map for railways based on the above schema.