Discuss Tag:amenity=bicycle parking here:
- 1 fee= tag
- 2 Old Vote
- 3 Area too?
- 4 Legacy tags
- 5 Types of stand/locker/whatever
- 6 See also
- 7 Open issues
- 8 Stand types and varieties
- 9 Bicycle parking buildings
- 10 SVG
- 11 Motorcycle parking?
- 12 Assessing capacity=*
- 13 Capacity for "stands"
- 14 owner/ownership
- See Proposed features/Price tags for a discussion - fee=yes/no is surely too similar to free=no/yes. Ojw 18:44, 28 January 2008 (UTC)
- I've incorporated these changes onto the main page
- I approve this proposal. FredB 13:35, 12 May 2007 (BST)
- I approve this. --Damian 15:13, 12 May 2007 (BST)
- I approve this. --Gregoryw 23:36, 12 May 2007 (BST)
- I approve this proposal. (for node and area as spaetz suggested above)Ben 14:18, 13 May 2007 (BST)
- I approve this too. --Kumakyoo 17:05, 14 May 2007 (BST)
- I approve this proposal. (for both node and area) --Thewinch 14:52, 18 May 2007 (BST)
- I approve this. -- motp 22:58, 9 November 2007 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. Tric 18:58, 11 November 2007 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. Longwayround 13:43, 6 January 2008 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Uwe Hermann 00:16, 28 January 2008 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Polyglot 14:53, 28 January 2008 (UTC)
Just thinking about the bike parking at Oxford station, or some of the multi-storey monsters in Amsterdam. Ignore me. It was from the start; main page was just missing a sensible description.
Types of stand/locker/whatever
It would be useful to know what kind of bike parking one can expect when visiting an area, and the main page already hinted at different types of stand and rack before I had a go at cleaning it up. I think it would be helpful to tag types of parking in a similar way to what our sister tag, parking=* does with parking=surface/multi-storey/underground/park_and_ride. But describing the form and thus hos secure the stand is to lock your bike to. What about
Probably the most basic concept of bike parking is that you have the ability to lock your machine up without it falling over. Hence I've not listed simple slots in concrete,
Comments on "bicycle_parking=*" subtag
Any takers? --achadwick 21:22, 9 March 2009 (UTC)
- I'm not sure about plural vs. singular for the key values. Thoughts? --achadwick 21:22, 9 March 2009 (UTC)
Multi-level bicycle stands?
- In the Netherlands we have moped only parkings, so i'm using amenity=moped_parking for it.. --Rubke 22:26, 26 August 2009 (UTC)
- Further more we have guarded parkings, how should i tag those ? --Rubke 22:26, 26 August 2009 (UTC)
- Perhaps bicycle_parking=enclosure would be better than shed or building, as it can refer to either, as well as other similar structures? Ash 01:42, 11 December 2009 (UTC)
Stand types and varieties
I've been beginning to make note of the type of cycle parking that is available at any given node. I feel that this tag, along with capacity=* -- and other such as covered=yes/no and cctv=yes/no -- could aid in producing a complete cycle parking map for (at least) metropolitan areas. I'm suggesting using standard names for cycle stand types, and semi-colons can be used as normal where more than one stand type exists.
- type=sheffield -- Sheffield stands are (without a doubt) the most common cycle parking infrastructure.
- type=a-frame -- A-frames are similar in general feel to Sheffields, but have a crossbar between 1/3 and halfway up the stand.
- type=toastrack -- toastracks, toast racks, toaster racks, w/e; not terribly useful (because one of your wheels is always on one of the stand's bars), but they are frequently around
- type=* -- pretty much every type of stand can be added to the map, but one should try to tag with common names
Feedback would be a great thing and I would like to thank you for your patience. --Kevin Steinhardt 11:27, 9 December 2009 (UTC)
- I think you posted this to IRC, and I've gone and added a few notes to the bicycle_parking= section not realising it wasn't the bit you were working on. This seems to be much the same kind of proposal though. Are any of these tags in use right now? Ash 02:04, 11 December 2009 (UTC)
Regarding types, something is emerging: see bicycle_parking=*. I've been moving some of the discussion to it's talk page. Personally I don't much care for keys named "type" because they could apply to any sort of OSM object ☹ --achadwick 18:01, 3 May 2011 (BST)
Bicycle parking buildings
Some bicycle parkings are actually whole buildings with several floors etc.. So far, I have used building=* with building:levels=* for that (ie. and ). Is that the correct way tag those? --hangy 00:17, 23 May 2010 (UTC)
- Looks good to me, and s are fine for cycle parking. You've got a few options even within this: If it's a purpose-built building for cycle parking and it's fairly imposing, you might want to say building=bicycle_parking to express that a bit more deeply. If the building was built for something else originally but is used entirely for cycle parking now, you might want to use that "something_else" as the building key's value (and tag it as cycle parking too). Finally, if just one end of a building is used for cycle parking, use one for the building itself, tagged appropriately, and place a separate amenity=bicycle_parking within it at the appropriate place --achadwick 18:10, 3 May 2011 (BST)
I propose this file as image: http://page.mi.fu-berlin.de/pborgers/bicycle_parking.svg Based on wikipedia material. Feel free to use.
Parking for motorbikes. Sometimes with really fat metal bits.
What's the tag?
-- Harry Wood 21:27, 29 June 2010 (UTC)
- Since the photo seems to imply that parking is next to the driving lane, it would be
parking:lane:left=orthogonal ; parking:condition:left=free ; parking:condition:left:vehicles=motorcycle, see Talk:Proposed_features/parking:lane#Specifying_the_vehicles_allowed_to_park. Example rendering looks like this: (diagonal motorcycle parking). Kay D 15:13, 16 July 2010 (UTC)
amenity=motorcycle_parking would be my choice, and it seems fairly popular: http://taginfo.openstreetmap.de/search?q=motorcycle%20parking#values . Anyone want to document it and make it a thing? --achadwick 18:20, 3 May 2011 (BST)
Designers have sometimes the weirdest ideas. What's the capacity for this bicycle stand?
Capacity for "stands"
For rendering purposes, I would like to know the number of individual stands in a bicycle_parking=stands. As there is no tag that stores this piece of info directly, I need to infer this from capacity. So, how many bikes per stand? 2? --Tordanik 14:42, 24 April 2015 (UTC)
- It depends on bicycle_parking=*. It may be: 2N, N+1, N. In my area the most popular design is bicycle_parking=wall_loops - so I would expect N slots, not N + 1 or 2N. You can add column "estimated capacity=*" at Key:bicycle_parking. Xxzme (talk) 15:17, 24 April 2015 (UTC)
Hi, The list of common tags includes operator but not owner, when in many instances it would seem to me that owner (and ownership) is more appropriate. I have the list of bike parking installed by the City of Hobart, so they own the parking, but most have been tagged previously with operator.