Use the busway=* tag to identify a highway=* with a dedicated bus lane on one or both sides of the road.
This tag indicates the presence of at least one bus lane on one or more sides of the road. The side of the road can be indicated with :left and :right suffixes.
- A bus lane is a lane within the roadway designated for use by buses. This tag determines that there is a bus lane in both directions on the road.
- The bus lane is on both sides of the road, both sides are tagged explicitly.
- The bus lane is only on the right side of the road.
- The bus lane is only on the left side of the road.
- The route is a lane, but buses may go in the direction opposite to other traffic (the bus lane is a contraflow bus lane). Only applies where oneway=yes. It might be useful to tag busway=lane + oneway:bus=no instead of mixing values of two keys in one key.
- Generic dedicated bus lane(s) tagging: busway=lane
- Bus lane on right side of the road only: busway:right=lane
- One-way bus lane in opposite direction of a one-way road: busway=opposite_lane
- Bus lanes in both directions, on left and right sides of a one-way road: busway:left=opposite_lane + busway:right=lane
, bicycle road
, bus guideway