JA:Humanitarian OSM Team
OpenStreetMap の初期のころから、オープンでフリーの地図データは、人道支援や経済開発にとてつもない便益になると期待されてきました。この考えは2010年のハイチ地震において立証されました。それを受け直ちに2010年8月にHOT がアメリカの非営利組織として設置され、2013年に課税を免除される501(c)3団体として登録に至りました。 Tasking Manager を通して HOT の活動に協力してくださる方はどなたでも歓迎します。必要なものは OpenStreetMap のユーザーアカウントだけです。
- HOT（人道支援 OpenStreetMap チーム＝ Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team） (HOT) applies the principles はオープンソースならびにオープンデータの共有を適用し、人道支援対応と経済開発にあたります。
- 開かれた知識 open knowledge の構築とツール開発
- 初心者用の手引き http://learnosm.org
- 提携機関との意思疎通 http://summit.hotosm.org/
- 現場の要求に対応するための OSM と OSGeo の技術的改善（オフラインサポート、検証、フォーマット適合、マルチマスター同期など）
Most of our volunteer needs are for remote mapping and project work. To find out more about what HOT does and how to get involved see the HOT Guide
Learning to Map
The largest volunteer need of HOT is for OpenStreetMap contributors. To get started contributing to OpenStreetMap, the community has developed a simple-to-use beginners guide called LearnOSM (learnosm.org). A series of quick lessons will guide any new user through setting up an account and beginning to map. New material is always being developed and added.
What to Work On?
Notice: A formal definition of various HOT Programs (humanitarian projects and activations) is being developed, see HOT activation for information regarding urgent response.
Humanitarian projects can be the immediate responses to natural disasters, political crises and other destructive events or projects designed to mitigate or plan for disaster risk or economic development. They are launched where up-to-date geographic data is needed and where OSM data currently is being used or will be used by local communities and/or responders. Generally, these projects are launched by active participants in the HOT community who will coordinate the remote mapping with the needs of humanitarian actors and other first responders, and with any local OSM community as guidance. If a situation becomes complex, individual(s), humanitarian actors or local communities are encouraged to reach out to the HOT Activation Working Group. If the working group decides that HOT currently has the resource and capacity to facilitate the request, it will announce an official "activation," which indicates that this crisis is a high priority for the organization. The team also may invite other NGOs to collaborate, make requests for needed resources and will document the progress and conclusion of the activation. These decisions take into account which humanitarian mapping projects and/or activations HOT currently is supporting or monitoring, as well as the potential impact on the project beneficiaries and our current capability to provide assistance.
Organised Editing Projects
Please see our dedicated wiki page for organised editing projects led by HOT. These include both remote digitising projects and community led projects on the ground.
The OSM Tasking Manager
The Tasking Manager is a tool that divides large mapping tasks into small sections to make them easier for volunteers to manage. The Tasking Manager also includes background information on the locale to be mapped, as well as information about what kind of data is needed (road, schools, etc., and how to recognize them). Volunteers can contribute directly to current activities through the OSM Tasking Manager.
Jobs, Internships and Contracts
- Visit our website for current opportunities on how to get involved
- For internship program see HOT Internship Programs
- For tutorships see Tutorships SubPage
Academic Research & HOT
There are many ways to contribute to the mission of HOT. See the HOT Guide for the basics. All we ask is that contributors govern themselves using our Code of Conduct, which is found on our website: HOT Code of Conduct
Dedicated volunteers who have been elected and make up the voting community are listed here:
Our current board of directors, elected from the membership, as well as our leadership team and its history can be found at
- Many issues and plans emerged from the Haiti response, leading to a medium-term plan for HOT. Access the Humanitarian OSM Team/Haiti Strategy And Proposal for more information.
Community Types and Roles
HOT has many diverse community roles and ways to contribute to our mission. In a Community Sprint, we designed the following types:
- Training and mentorship program to cross-train new leaders with the goal to have more leaders and less burnout.This role includes storytellers and communicators.
- Outreach to share the OSM educational web site LearnOSM (www.learnosm.org) and to show the community how to get involved in HOT
- Clean up general communication on the wiki and web sites to provide a clear path for those who want to get involved
- Develop target communities for outreach
- Participate in, and help coordinate mapping activities.
- Reach out to friends of OSM who might help with surge support in various areas (e.g. Mozilla, hubs, etc., as well as links with connectors/teachers regarding leaders).
- Maintain a wider OSM outreach plan (coordinated with respect) to get active mappers more involved with HOT.
- Identify new communities for outreach.
- Partners/Mission Supporters
- Develop a policy and guidance on how to establish mutual communication with partners, a W3 ( who does what when), there are some items in membership code of conduct.
- This group includes researchers and liaisons.
- Identify a process to get developers involved in the Tech Working Group (more outreach, clear tasks).
- Develop and Promote technical tools.
- Maintain and support existing tools.
- Business of Mapping
- Talking points for the membership to use with partners and potential funders.
- Expand outreach strategy to get partners and potential supporters involved with HOT.
Participate in or Lead Working Groups
Our working groups perform the "business like" work of HOT. Currently there are working groups for:
See Working Groups SubPage for a list and descriptions of the working groups and their contact information.
Meetings of the HOT Board and Membership
- Visit Meetings for details. (includes announcements and previous meeting minutes)
Other (non-official) Meetings
- 2015 HOT Summit
- HOT Saturday Sprints on Mumble
- HOT Chats
- SOTM 2011 Meetup
- February 2011 Conf Call
- SOTM 2010 Meetup
Help Plant Grass-Roots OSM Communities
HOT is involved locally, working in areas vulnerable to natural disaster, recovering after a disaster, or in economic transition. HOT tries to develop a local OSM community and to create partnerships with local governments, academics and geographers who can use and contribute to OSM. These Initiatives on the ground include:
- Malawi July 2014 - Present
- Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia October 2013 - November 2015
- Western Africa (Togo, Senegal) June - July 2013
- Haiti, Northern Haiti - March-June 2013, a USAID project titled: "Engaging Youth to Map the Northern Corridor"
- Eurosha in Central and Eastern Africa, Oct 2012 - Feb 2013
- Senegal May-June 2012
- Haiti, St. Marc Spring 2012
The Missing Maps Project
The Missing Maps Project is an open collaboration founded by HOT, Medecins Sans Frontieres / Doctors Without Borders (MSF), American and British Red Cross. It aims to map, within two years, the parts of the world where the most vulnerable people live. Building on the excellent work done by OpenStreetMap and others in emergency-response mapping, the Missing Maps Project aims to map in a proactive way. Instead of responding to a natural disaster, conflict or epidemic, it will identify regions vulnerable to crises will map them in anticipation of crises. This means that, when a crisis does occur, local people, NGOs and other responders can start using the maps and the data immediately, saving valuable time and, potentially, lives.
Visit the Missing Maps website for more details.
- MapKibera プロジェクト
- Map Kibera Import .. Map KiberaのOpenStreetMapへのインポートの支援
- Humanitarian OSM Team Logo (an artistic project)
- 発展途上地域のマッパーへのState of the Map 2009参加奨励金（旅費給付）
- Palestinian West Bank mappingにおける技術的アドバイス
- UN and OSM
- FreeMapIndia 2008 Workshop Tour
- Humanitarian_OSM_Team/Knight News Challenge Proposal
- To email HOT staff directly: info @ hotosm.org
- Email the Communications working group: communications @ hotosm.org
- HOT mailing list - Moderate traffic announcements and discussion; ~1850 subscribers as of 28 May 2016.
- HOT Announce mailing list - Announcement only, low traffic; just being launched as of March 2015.
- HOT Updates - Details of HOT activities (RSS). Feel free to contact us with a suggested text for blog posts.
- JA:OSM Tasking Manager - HOT mapping coordination tool.
- Social Media:
- Twitter feed with messages and links related to HOT
- HOT LinkedIn Page
- Live Chat:
- Humanitarian OSM Team Logo
Presentations on HOT activities. Open-licensed slides are available for use in presentations.
- June 2014, Pierre Béland, Haiyan and Ebola Activations Cases Presentation at the IEEE conference in Montreal
- Jan 2014, Pierre Béland Presentation at the Open Data for Development Challenge, Montreal.
- May 2012 Harry's 20-minute overview to a geotech audience + similar slides used at PICNIC (video)
- August 2011 Update about HOT's work in Indonesia
- OSM work in the Haiti Earthquake response at UNOSAT - 世界銀行、欧州連合共同研究センター主催の災害被害評価に関するワークショップ (ジュネーブ 2010年4月26-27日)
- FOSSGIS 2010, ハイチにおけるクライシス・マッピングに関するライトニング・トーク by John07 スライド（独語）: 
- Harry - Aid Information Challenge のスライド + similar slides presented in Shanghai (video]
- Haiti Mapping BarCamp Canberra 2010 (Shoaibによる)
- CartONG at UNGIWG to represent OSM H.O.T.
- See also, a selection of relevant HOT slide decks at: http://www.slideshare.net/wonderchook, http://www.slideshare.net/nicolas_chavent or http://www.slideshare.net/Sev_hotosm/
- Nepal Earthquake Response
- Mapping a Way to a Better Future - AusAID
- OSM Marks The Spot - Medium (by: Tate Watkins)
- Citizen Cartographers Fill the Gaps In Maps - New Scientist, 2013年7月3日
-  - NPR, HOT segment begins at 2013年11月17日 5:50
- Aljazeera - Digital drive aids Philippines relief - 11月18日
- The Guardian : Online volunteers map Philippines after typhoon Haiyan - 11月15日
- Nature - Crowdsourcing goes mainstream in typhoon response - 11月20日
- Typhoon Haiyan/Yolanda
- West Africa Ebola Response
- Missing Maps on BBC World Service "Click" Radio - Pete Masters and Dan Stowell talking about HOT and Missing Maps, on the BBC World Service (about 7 minutes) - Wed 12 Nov 2014.
- HOT Package
- DevelopmentSeed が FAO Africover の道路地図データを OSM にインポート
- UNSDI-t を通したデータ共有
- Ushahidi and Sahana が OpenStreetMap を統合
- JumpStart International in Palestine
- Mapping & Planning Support (MAPS) - Canberra, Australia
- Map Give
- Missing Maps Project
- Open Cities mapping guide
- Humanitarian OSM Team/Interested OSM Users
- Humanitarian OSM Team/Members
- "Humanitarian" map style (also available on osm.org)
-  Humanitarian Response Portal, Administrative Boundaries, Populated places
-  FAO, International and Administrative boundaries
-  UN Second level Administrative boundaries (1:1'000'000)
-  MapLibrary.org, Administrative boundaries in development countries (License?)
-  Administrative boundaries (Redistribution, or commercial use, is not allowed without prior permission)
-  NGIS Populated places Geographic name files by countries
-  FreeGisData List of GIS Ressources
- oxfam recent emergencies - google map. boo!
- Wikinews.org categories: politics & conflicts disasters & accidents- オープン・ライセンスのニュース