North Carolina, United States
|latitude: 35.20, longitude: -80.5|
|Browse map of North Carolina 35°12′00.00″ N, 80°30′00.00″ W|
|Use this template for your city|
North Carolina is a state in the United States at latitude 35°12′00.00″ North, longitude 80°30′00.00″ West.
State Wide Projects
Interstate highways imported from TIGER data need a lot of fixing. It is probably easier to erase a section of the Interstate Highway imported from TIGER data and retrace it over the Yahoo! aerial imagery.
Here are some guidelines to consider:
- Separate interstate direction into two ways. For example, an interstate running West and East will consist of two parallel ways: one running West and the other running East.
- Apply the following tags to every way making up the interstate:
- When the interstate runs over a bridge, add a way section with bridge=yes
- When the interstate runs through a tunnel, add a way section with tunnel=yes
- For exits leaving the interstate use the following set of tags:
- For the point at which the exit connects to the freeway, use the following:
- ref=364 -- reference in this case is the exit number
- exit_to=West NC 24; Business NC 24; To NC 50; Warsaw -- name should be the connecting roads or exit name as written on the sign, separated by semicolons. See exit list, using NC for state highways, US for national highways, and I for interstates as prefix, and designating the direction of the connecting highway when applicable.
- name=Mid-County -- Optional exit name. Most exits do not have names. For an example of a named exit: Pennsylvania Turnpike
Here is a complete list of North Carolina highways.
|Interstate||Total Length||Current Work Area||Verified Section||% Corrected||User|
|I-40||421 miles||Mile 0 to 421||100%||Victor Snesarev (stopgap)|
Major issues to watch for when editing TIGER data:
- Many exits imported from TIGER data are tagged as highway=motorway_link which is incorrect. They should be retagged as highway=primary_link.
- Direction of many exit ways are also wrong.
- Bridges are not tagged.
State highway attributes:
- For exits leaving the highway use the following set of tags:
|Highway||Total Length||Current Work Area||Verified Section||% Corrected||User|
|US-64||? miles||Apex||US:NC 55 to N. Salem Str.||?||Victor Snesarev (stopgap)|
|Trail System||OSM Location||Tracks||Mapped||Labeled||Notes|
|William B. Umstead State Park||Raleigh||30%||70%||70%||To do: Big Lake, Sycamore Lake, Paved roads, Inspiration, Pott's Branch, Sal's Branch, Oak Rock, East section of Loblolly. - Victor Snesarev (stopgap)|
- Raleigh, North Carolina
- Cary, North Carolina
- Durham, North Carolina
- Greensboro, North Carolina
- Wilmington, North Carolina
NC Cycle Map
Mapping Resources Available
NC Onemap Orthophotography
This is available as an imagery layer in JOSM. In the Outer Banks area, it differs from bing imagery by about 5 meters. I am unsure whether bing or the NC Onemap is offset or both.