Texas, United States, North America
|latitude: 30.5, longitude: -98.8|
|Browse map of Texas 30°30′00.00″ N, 98°48′00.00″ W|
|Use this template for your city|
- College Station
- Harker Heights
- Prairie View
- San Antonio
Texas Natural Resources Information System
Texas Natural Resources Information System (TNRIS) is a reliable state resource that provides high quality historic and current geospatial data products, including but not limited to, aerial imagery, Lidar data points, address points, road database, public recreation grounds, and hydrographic data. All data products provided by TNRIS are in the public domain.
- Address Points Collection of address points for each county from various 9-1-1 service providers and updated every two years. These points are one of the most accurate sources of data for house numbers and street names available to the public. This dataset also includes names for privately maintained roads, such as private ranch roads, not available anywhere else.
- Land Parcels Datasets of land parcels or plots for each county from the county's appraisal district. The quality of the data varies greatly between counties. When the data is well maintained and up to date, the dataset can be used as a source for addresses. However, caution is needed as multiple addresses can exist within a single parcel and the address data is not always the same as the physical address used by the parcel's occupants.
- Texas National Agriculture Imagery Program 2018 (NAIP) Updated every two years at a resolution of 60cm per pixel. For most rural areas this will be the most up to date imagery available. The State of Texas maintains a mirror of the imagery providing quick and reliable access. This mirror should be used whenever possible. WMS
- Texas Orthoimagery Program 2015 (TOP) The hightest resolution imagery available in rural areas at 50cm per pixel. WMS
Texas Parks & Wildlife Department
Texas Parks & Wildlife Department (TPWD) proves gis data focusing on the natural and cultural resources of Texas
- LWRCRP Statewide Inventory 2012 Interactive map displaying an inventory of public land used for conservation of historical, natural, recreational and wildlife resources in Texas.
- State Park Boundaries
- Wildlife Management Areas
- State Park Trails
Texas Department of Transportation
The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDot) maintains a large assortment of gis datasets relating to highways.
- TxDOT Roadway Inventory Statewide dataset of public roads. Newer roads may not be available and older roads may be misnamed.
- TxDOT Speed Limits Speed limits for most roads maintained by TxDOT. Use caution as the reported limits are not always correct especially for in town roads.
- Texas County Boundaries
Other state GIS resources
- The Texas General Land Office Land and coastal resources
- Texas Railroad Commission Oil & gas wells and piplines
- Texas Historic Sites Atlas Atlas of courthouses, landmarks, historical markers, cemeteries, and museums. Data accuracy varies from a few feet to a few miles.
- Perry-Castañeda Library Map Collection A large collection of maps. Most maps are in the public domain, others are copyrighted. Take care that each map's copyright is compatible is OSM before using.