New Hampshire, United States
|latitude: 43.67925, longitude: -71.580375|
|Browse map of New Hampshire 43°40′45.30″ N, 71°34′49.35″ W|
|Use this template for your city|
New Hampshire is a state in the United States at latitude 43°40′45.30″ North, longitude 71°34′49.35″ West.
Are you new to OpenStreetMap and would you like to help us improve the map of New Hampshire? See the handy Beginners' guide for new mappers. This page contains useful information about what has been mapped in New Hampshire and general local information.
The following pages show places in New Hampshire that are relatively well mapped out
|Belknap County||Alton, Belmont, Gilford, Laconia, Meredith, Tilton|
|Carroll County||Conway, Effingham, Ossipee, Wakefield, Wolfeboro|
|Cheshire County||Jaffrey, Keene, Rindge, Swanzey|
|Coos County||Berlin, Lancaster|
|Grafton County||Grafton, Hanover, Haverhill, Holderness, Lebanon, Littleton, Plymouth, Woodstock|
|Hillsborough County||Amherst, Bedford, Goffstown, Hillsborough, Hollis, Hudson, Litchfield, Manchester, Merrimack, Milford, Nashua, New Boston, New Ipswich, Pelham, Peterborough, Weare|
|Merrimack County||Bow, Concord, Franklin, Henniker, Hooksett, Hopkinton, Loudon, New London, Pembroke, Warner|
|Rockingham County||Atkinson, Auburn, Brentwood, Chester, Derry, Epping, Exeter, Hampstead, Hampton, Kingston, Londonderry, Newmarket, North Hampton, Plaistow, Portsmouth, Raymond, Rye, Salem, Sandown, Seabrook, Stratham, Windham|
|Strafford County||Barrington, Dover, Durham, Farmington, Rochester, Somersworth|
|Sullivan County||Charlestown, Claremont, Newport|
State Border Relation:
Also see the list of border relations for New Hampshire.
phone=+1-603-???-???? The whole state uses the area code 603
addr:postcode=03??? All zip codes in the state begin with 03.
- State Routes: Many state routes in NH lack route=road relations, and many are broken. Also, some ways lack ref=* tags. See New Hampshire State Route Relations for a list of numbered roads in New Hampshire and which currently have route relations.
- Rivers and streams: The goal of this project is to increase the accuracy and completeness of the rivers and streams mapped in NH. There are a lot of polygons imported straight from the NHD that could be improved, and rivers move around a lot! The major tasks are to draw ways on the streams, create waterway relations, and clean up the river area polygons that have already been added to the map. Of course, NH is a wet state full of streams, so this project focuses on streams important enough to get a hydrologic unit named after them. See New Hampshire/Rivers to see what has been done and what is left to do.
- General TIGER cleaning: There's a lot to do to clean up TIGER in the state: aligning roads, fixing names, reclassifying highways. Most of the towns in the southeast part of the state have been largely fixed up, but towns in the western and northern areas need some love.
There are special restrictions on the sale of alcohol in New Hampshire. The state government runs the New Hampshire Liquor Commission which sells hard liquor and wine at retail stores throughout the state. These stores should be tagged shop=alcohol with name=New Hampshire Liquor Store or name=New Hampshire Liquor & Wine Outlet. Various other private stores are allowed to sell beer and wine, and these can be tagged as one of the following: shop=supermarket, shop=department_store, shop=convenience, amenity=pharmacy/shop=chemist, shop=beverages. Alcohol can be consumed on the premises of the following: amenity=restaurant, amenity=pub, amenity=bar, amenity=biergarten, amenity=nightclub. For restaurants with a small brewery on the premises, these should also be tagged with microbrewery=yes. Larger breweries should be tagged as craft=brewery.
There is no specific New Hampshire mailing list, so please use the talk-us list to discuss tagging and other US-specific issues.
- NH.gov (official state government site)
- NH GRANIT (New Hampshire's State Wide G.I.S. Clearing House)
- NH Department of Transportation
- NH Parks and Recreation Department
- VisitNH (official state tourist website)
- NH TODO (tourist magazine)
- NewHampshire.com (news/tourist portal site)
- NH.com (news/tourist portal site)
- Craigslist New Hampshire (classified listings)
- Bike-Walk Alliance of New Hampshire
- WMUR (local television station)