This page describes a historic artifact
in the history of OpenStreetMap. It does not reflect the current situation, but instead documents the historical concepts, issues, or ideas
This article or section may contain out-of-date information
. The information may no longer be correct, or may no longer have relevance.
If you know about the current state of affairs, please help keep everyone informed by updating this information. (Discussion
How can we tag low res models
Some already agreed, that we should add a minimum detail directly to the osm datas. user:bilbo requestet a 3D related Project of the week and was so kind to create a JOSM preset .
So let's see what we all would like to add and document it for a proposal.
Current tagging schemes
Building suggests to use building=* to differ the types of buildings. So a mix between the building itself and the amenities is possible e.g.
It suggest to tag a node on the building outline with building=entrance
Had been proposed at Proposed_features/Building
Proposed features/Building attributes
Relations/Proposed/Level suggest a relation for objects on the same level
Used to create a z-order if 2 ways cross or are upon each other
Please add here your tool and the tags that are already in use
- ↑ skyscraper,house,hall,supermarket,mall,fuel_station,manor_house,hangar,fort
- ↑ georgian,victorian,gothic,retro,futurist
- ↑ pyramid,tower,dome
- ↑ see Osm2pov/Supported_Tags#Attributes_5
- ↑ shop,residential,office,decorative
- ↑ flat,pyramid,hipped,pitched,gambrel,crosspitched
- ↑ flat,gabled,gambrel,half hipped,hipped,pitched,pyramidal,skillion
- ↑ flat,pitched,hipped,pyramidal,crosspitched,gambrel,mansard,sawtooth,barrel
- ↑ flat, gabled (only rectangular buildings), pitched (same as gabled), hipped (only rectangular buildings), round (only rectangular buildings), pyramidal, dome, skillion
- ↑ flat,pyramidal
- ↑ see building:roof:shape
- ↑ material(tile,slate,concrete,tar_paper,flat)
- ↑ see building:roof:shape
- ↑ motorway,trunk,primary,secondary,tertiary,residential,living_street,service,pedestrian,path,cycleway,footway
- ↑ some more than OSM-3D
- ↑ with step_count=*, handrail:*
- ↑ but not extruded
- ↑ unpaved
- ↑ riverbank,river,canal,stream
- ↑ canal, ditch, drain, river, riverbank, stream
OSM-3D (short list there) client suggest not to tag figures, walls or complex buildings as churchs or towers
It uses a subset of Proposed features/Building attributes
See taglist.txt keys supported by OSM2World.
The application is in early stages of development as well, geometry generator especially.
See glosm for tags.
Plugin to JOSM. It is in early state of development.
- building:roof:shape=flat,gabled,gambrel,half hipped,hipped,pitched,pyramidal,skillion
- roof:shape=* as building:roof:shape
- building:facade:material=plaster,* (unknown)
Currently the most used tags . We might take how much influence imports might have.