|Total number of lanes marked on the way as reserved for Public Service Vehicles (buses, taxis etc.)|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
|Not to be confused with psv:lanes=* or bus:lanes=*, which are lane specific Access tags, example yes|yes|designated|
The most common value is 1, when a psv lane exists. For a two-way road with dedicated psv lanes in both directions, the value would be 2. If the lane is exclusive for buses only (no taxis allowed, for example), use lanes:bus=* instead.
Where a way element has a psv lane only in one direction, use lanes:psv:forward=*, and lanes:psv:backward=* when that lane is usable in the direction of the way, or against the direction of the way, respectively.
|OSM way points in direction of photographer (matters for backward/forward)|
Possible mix-up option
|you really know what you are doing!|
- busway=* – another candidate for tagging lanes dedicated to buses.
- bus_bay=* - A bus bay outside the main carriageway for boarding/alighting
- psv:lanes=* - For describing the legal accessibility by Public Service Vehicles per lane
- lanes:psv:conditional=* – for specifying the number of dedicated lanes and when they are in effect
- lanes=* – total number of physical travel lanes making up the way.
- highway=bus_guideway - A busway that is side guided "rails like", not suitable for other traffic.
- Bus lanes - Overviev about different tagging schemes
- Buses - Overview about general public transport tagging items