Jump to navigation Jump to search
|United States||openstreetmap.us||Projects||Tags||TIGER fixup|
|OpenStreetMap US||Users||Data Imports||Resources||Category|
- TIGER fixup is the big mapping project to get involved in.
- Address Improvement has a section on U.S.-specific address data challenges
- United States Bicycle Route System has become quite active as of 2014
- WikiProject Piste Maps
- WikiProject Whitewater Maps
- United States/Long distance trails for mapping hiking trails
- United States/National parks is a project to map all of the US National Parks
- United States/American Indian reservations
- United States/Railroads is active and growing as of 2018
- United States/Public lands attempts to better map and clarify tagging on public lands (especially federal and state-level), initially and especially oriented towards boundary=protected_areas and areas of leisure=*, such as larger, non-urban "parks" (in the US English sense, not the sense of how OSM defines leisure=park).
- Interstate Highways Relations
- United States/Numbered highway relations
- Boundary relations
Other Interesting US Projects
- TerpNav Pedestrian Maps, a project of Gemstone, a University of Maryland student project. Tags areas impassable to pedestrians of varying capability for routing purposes. Nice to know when you're on crutches.
- TopOSM - Lars Ahlzen is working on topographic map based on OSM data at toposm.com. As of now it only covers the state of Massachusetts.